An easy and tasty bread recipe that also freezes beautifully, and tastes like the real thing!
- 50g (⅓ cup) coconut flour
- 110g (1 cup) psyllium husks
- 50g (¼ cup) chia seeds
- 110g (⅔ cup) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 110g (¾ cup) sunflower seeds, plus 2 teaspoons extra to sprinkle
- 20g (1 tbs) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 350ml (1½ cups) water
- 75g (⅓ cup) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180ºC or 160ºC fan forced.
- Line a 10 × 20cm (base measurement) loaf tin with baking paper, allowing the paper to overhang on the two long sides.
- Combine flour, psyllium, chia, pepitas, sunflower seeds, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and water together in a jug.
- Add to flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- Stir through the melted butter.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin, smooth surface with the back of a spoon, sprinkle with extra sunflower seeds.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out cleanly.
- Set aside to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and set aside to cool completely.
Join Australia's first evidence-based and doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Download the Defeat Diabetes app today.
Visit the Google Play Store.
Visit the Apple Store.