Share this program
Defeat Diabetes is Australia's first evidence-based and doctor-led digital program that provides a roadmap to remission for those diagnosed with pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes.
Whilst you may have been led to believe that once you have pre-diabetes or have established type 2 diabetes that there’s nothing that you can do. We’re here to prove to you that this is simply not the case.
Backed by doctors, dietitians and health professionals, the Defeat Diabetes Program provides valuable lessons from medical experts, video masterclasses, cooking demonstrations, recipes and meal plans to enable you to radically improve your health through a low carb lifestyle.
The benefits of a low carb lifestyle include lower blood glucose levels, less dependence on medication (or none at all!) and improved cholesterol levels.
What you'll get
Focusing on the benefits of a low carb diet as the key to putting type 2 diabetes into remission, the Defeat Diabetes Program is based on the latest nutritional and metabolic science, offering:
- 13 in-depth lessons, providing Australians with a roadmap to sending pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes into remission. Each lesson, created and delivered by Dr Peter Brukner, Dr Paul Mason and Nicole Moore, accredited practising dietitian, cover critical cornerstones for success. They include why current dietary advice can exacerbate type 2 diabetes, simple and affordable meal planning and advice on how to manage type 2 diabetes in a family household.
- An extensive range of videos that provide a deeper dive into key topics, created and delivered by the Defeat Diabetes experts.
- A rich library of resource sheets designed to support the Defeat Diabetes community and answer common questions.
- 400+ recipes and weekly meal plans - or customise to build your own!
- An exclusive Defeat Diabetes community group to share support, advice and inspiration.
- Live member-only webinars with leading global medical experts to answer all your niggling questions.
More than 8000 people have completed the Defeat Diabetes Program. They report results including:
- 84% of respondents were able to improve their glycaemic levels;
- 78% reported weight loss, with an average loss of 6 kilograms; and
- 76% reduced their waistline, losing on average 7.3 centimetres
- More than half (52%) with type 2 diabetes achieved remission through the Defeat Diabetes Program;
- 30% of members with T2D or pre-diabetes were able to reduce or discontinue medication;
- 44% who were prescribed metformin were able to reduce or stop their medication.
- Almost half (49%) improved mental clarity; and
- 57% improved energy levels.
What our readers are saying
I was using Ozempic and got my BGL’s under control. Because lack of availability I started to put back on any weight that I had lost and my BGL’s started to go back to my previous levels. Then I found the Defeat Diabetes program and found out so much more about Diabetes than I have been told in the past, now my bloods are getting to normal levels. The program is amazing, the recipes are great and the Masterclasses are so informative. Thank you so much for such a supportive program!
Newsflash - It works! – I joined Defeat Diabetes approximately 5 weeks ago, after my HBA1C came back at 6.5 %. So I am officially a T2 diabetic. I know all to well the complications of Type 2 diabetes(retired Nurse) and was determined to control my BGL with diet and avoid medication. I have dabbled with a keto diet previously and am a convert to the low carb way of managing T2 diabetes. So far I have lost 6.5kg and it’s been a very enjoyable experience. The videos, articles and recipes are great tools to set me up for success. I can’t wait to see what my HBA1C level is in 2 months. Defeat Diabetes is an affordable, evidence based, realistic and effective way for me to hopefully prevent those catastrophic complications from uncontrolled BGL’s. Congratulations to the DD team for Defeat Diabetes!
Figures don’t lie with progress made on this life changing plan. Cholesterol from 5.2 to 3.5, Triglicerides 2 to 1.3, hbA1c 6.3 to 5.8 in only 3 months (even over Christmas) AND weight coming off!! Give it a go!!
About Dr Peter Brukner OAM
Dr Peter Brukner is a world-renowned sports medicine clinician and researcher, with a passion for nutrition. He is a former president of the Australasian College of Sports Physicians, co-author of Brukner & Khan's Clinical Sports Medicine, team doctor to various professional sports teams and a Professor of Sports Medicine at La Trobe University.
Peter believes that most of what we have been told about what to eat over the last 40 years has resulted in epidemics of obesity and chronic diseases. He's the author of A Fat Lot of Good, founder and Chair of SugarByHalf and founder of Defeat Diabetes - the doctor-led program to help send type 2 diabetes into remission.
Send type 2 diabetes into remission
The Defeat Diabetes Program can help you achieve type 2 diabetes remission and reduce medications through our doctor-led online program.